Claim an Unregistered Account
If you do not have an OSF account but are added to an OSF project, you will receive an email from the OSF notifying you that you have been added as a contributor to a project. If you wish to claim your account on the OSF, you can do so by following this help guide.
For instructions on how to add an unregistered contributor to a project, please see our Add and Manage Contributors help guide.
- Open the email that you received from the OSF
- Click the link in the email to claim your OSF account
- You will be taken to the "Set Password" page on the OSF, where you can create the password for your account
- Enter your email address into the first field
- Enter and verify your password into the next two fields
- Confirm that you are not a robot
- Then, click Save
- Your OSF account will be created
- You will be taken directly to the project to which you were originally added as an unregistered contributor