If you do not have an OSF account but are added to an OSF project, you will receive an email from OSF notifying you that you have been added as a contributor to a project. If you wish to claim your account on OSF, you can do so by following this help guide.
For instructions on how to add an unregistered contributor to a project, please see our Add and Manage Contributors help guide.
- Open the email that you received from OSF
Click the link in the email to claim your OSF account
- You will be taken to the "Set Password" page on OSF, where you can create the password for your account
- Enter your email address into the first field
- Enter and verify your password into the next two fields
- Confirm that you are not a robot
Then, click Save
- Your OSF account will be created
- You will be taken directly to the project to which you were originally added as an unregistered contributor